David from Google Digital Garage
Digital Garage Online
- How visitors found you
- What have they done after founding you
- Who are your visitors
- What demographics they have
There is a misconception that the internet is a mass communication channel. If you can focus on a specific customer audience online, then you can make an impact.
People don’t like typing on mobile phones. They have shorter time spans. They experience content in a different way. You need to have content spread out to be easily clickable on mobile.
B2B customers tend to use desktop over mobile. But they still still find you on mobile as well.
People with short customer journey, buying something smaller are buying on mobile phone.
People looking for a car, house or travel, tend to look it up on the desktop. Long decision journeys. People can still find out about you on mobile as well.
You can make important business decisions based on Google Analytics data. Explore potential markets etc.
If there are obvious assumptions about your potential markets, it is good to prove yourself wrong in Google Analytics. Because then you know and your competitors don’t.
eCommerce experience in real life:
SEO in 2019
Basics still apply
- Title tag
- Meta description
Page speed insight
Google Medic Update
YMYL – your money your life
E-A-T: Expertise, Authority, Trust
Write more content
Make sure stuff is up to date
Proof you have expertise
Like a Linkedin profile that has certifications etc
Links are still very important
- Quality over quantity
- Use content to get links
- Avoid spammy links
Reviews on 3rd party websites – how you are perceived on these review sites
Google is well aware of the reviews on these websites
What is the sentiment what people write about your brand
Natural Language Processing
- Get rid of low quality pages
- Duplicate pages
- If you can not get rid of them, exclude them on the Google Index
- Mostly similar content
- Connect questions to answers
- 1 or 2 sentence answer you’d expect from a voice assistant
- (entity) is (answer) uses the question in the answer
- Identify units, classifications and adjectives
- Use expected units, be specific
- 200 degrees Celsius not 200 degrees
Keep it simple
- Reduce dependency hops
- Google Cloud Natural Language
Avoid unclear antecedents
- The cat was often in the tree but now it’s dead
- Whats dead, the cat or the tree?
Being correct requires clarity
- Specific, short answer
- Answer boxes in the Google
- 2-3x click through rate
- Found at the bottom of the search results
- Auto completes
20-25% of ads in UK going to social. But 5-10% of website traffic is only from social.
Digital marketing is bigger than 51% since 2017 in the UK.
51% of digital spending was search in 2017 in the UK.
The 2018 Omni-Channel Retail Report: Generational Consumer Shopping Behavior Comes Into Focus
How marketing fits in?
- Can we show up on voice searches?
- Provider choice
- Email marketing tools
- Platform selection
- 3rd party AI integration
- Product recommendations
- Mass personalised ads
AI for Robotic Process Automation
- Data entry
- Data translation
- Data transportation (routing)
- Reporting and analysis
Chatbots become CaaS
- Chatbots mature
- Move from procedural to more conversational bots
- Decision trees and NLP – machine learning
- NLP – Natural Language Processing
- You get a voice answer, not a results page
- It is like talking to humans
Youtube video ideas
- Questions and answers
- Product demonstrations
- Drive traffic to the website
Social media groups
Worldwide, there are over 2.32 billion monthly active users (MAU) as of December 31, 2018. This is a 9 percent increase in Facebook MAUs year over year.
I’m founder and director of The Digital Agency; a certified Google Partner and Shopify Partner digital marketing agency operating in London and Istanbul. The Digital Agency has a solid track record of delivering high growth in eCommerce, Facebook & Google advertising, social media communication, search engine optimization, eCommerce and website production through 16 years of experience with 140 brands in 500 projects. Visit The Digital Agency here